AODA Customer Service Training
AODA It's the Law. Ontario is enforcing accessibility standards. All organizations are required to train staff by January 1, 2012.
Comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Accessible Customer Service Standard training requirement with ease and confidence. More information about the AODA.
About the Course
- Only Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) E-Learning course endorsed by the CNIB, March of Dimes Canada and The Canadian Hearing Society. Our partners.
- Complies with the AODA Customer Service Standard.
- 45 minutes in length and can be customized.
- Engaging course, utilizing video vignettes, that provides specific advice on delivering services to persons with disabilities including:
- Communication techniques
- Assistive devices
- Service animals
- Support people
- A portion of the proceeds go to CNIB, March of Dimes and The Canadian Hearing Society.
- Most accessible Customer Service E-Learning Course. It is available in English, French, American Sign Language (ASL) and la langue des signes québécoise (LSQ) and is accessible to screen-readers.
- Call or Email us for more information and for pricing.
For Training Administrators
This course is packaged to make your job easier.
- Completion reports are emailed upon request (within 2 days).
- Reports are in Excel for easy sorting and so they can be imported to other systems.
- The course can be customized to include your brand, policies and procedures and unique specific content.
- Users can print their own certificate of completion.
- For organizations that use Learning Management Systems (LMS), this course is 100% SCORM compliant and can be hosted by us, or imported into your SCORM compliant in-house system.
- For common E-Learning questions, visit our technical partner's website.
Our Accessible Customer Service E-Learning Course was developed in collaboration with accessibility experts from CNIB, March of Dimes and The Canadian Hearing Society. AccessAbility Advantage led the content development and provides ongoing customization services. Vubiz Limited is our E-learning service provider.
AccessAbility Advantage is a joint venture between March of Dimes Canada and Quadrangle Architects Limited. We offer specialized consulting servicesto assist Ontario businesses comply with the new Accessibility Standards in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). With more than 75 years combined experience as recognized leaders in accessibility, the company brings together the strengths of both organizations to deliver a one-stop shop, to help businesses make Ontario more accessible for people with disabilities. To find out more, visit www.AccessAbilityAdvantage.ca or call 1-800-263-3463 ext. 7286.
CNIB passionately provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. To find out more, visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
March of Dimes Canada offers a wide range of programs and services to maximize the independence, personal empowerment, and community participation of people with disabilities. To find out more, visit www.marchofdimes.ca or call 1-800-263-3463.
The Canadian Hearing Society is the leading provider of services, products, and information that:
- remove barriers to communication
- advance hearing health
- promote equity for people who are culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened, and hard of hearing
To find out more, visit www.chs.ca or call 1-877-347-3427.
Vubiz is an award-winning E-learning company with over fourteen years experience in the design, development, delivery and management of customized online training programs. In addition, Vubiz has hundreds of E-learning courses available in English, French and Spanish. To find out more, visit www.vubiz.com or call (905) 815-1204.